If you need 24-Hour Phone Support:
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 (English/Spanish); TTY: 1-800-846-8517
If you need a 24-hour Crisis Text Line:
Text GOT5 to 741741 to Connect with a Crisis Counselor, Free 24/7 support
Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
1-800-273-TALK (8255) for English; 1-888-628-9454 for Spanish
Interpersonal Violence (i.e. Domestic Violence) has been an experience of many New Yorkers through the COVID-19 pandemic due to isolation, distress, and more. Reach out to the NYS Coalition Against Domestic Violence Distress Hotline 1-800-942-6906
New York Forward:
Stay up to date on New York’s COVID-19 Micro-Cluster Strategy…
For cluster guidance or to find COVID-19 hot spot zones by address, go to https://forward.ny.gov/
Most recent numbers… Interested in your counties most up-to-date Covid-19 data? Find your county here https://forward.ny.gov/percentage-positive-results-region-dashboard
Know your rights… This pandemic affects us all and you’re not alone. If you’re facing hardships due to your employer, insurance, landlord, or price gouging. You have rights to protect you during these times, find out more at https://forward.ny.gov/know-your-right
- You can call NY Project Hope’s Emotional Support Helpline at 844-863-9314 to talk with trained crisis counselors. They are there to listen, support and offer referrals from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week.
- The CDC’s guidance on what to do if you think you are sick with COVID-19 and/or caring for someone.
- Protect yourself from the Coronavirus with guidance from the NYS Department of Health Coronavirus Hotline and call their hotline for updates on travel advisories and more at 1-888-364-3065
- The Mayo Clinic discusses the significance of COVID-19 and Your Mental Health.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has left many New Yorkers feeling stressed. Learn about more about resources provided by NYS Office of Mental Health COVID-19 Resources.
Want to learn more about the vaccine? Get the facts at NYS COVID-19 Vaccine
Health Insurance Assistance:
NY State of Health continues to serve as a safety net for people who need coverage during the pandemic. New Yorkers will qualify for Medicaid, Child Health Plus or the Essential Plan due to loss of income/employment or reduced wages. Those qualifying for these programs can enroll year-round. Learn more here.
Assistance for New Yorkers: